Alcohol & Substance Use Education
The Alcohol & Substance Use Education Weekend program is designed to reduce recidivism for drivers under the influence. Each attendee is exposed to an intensive 6-hour weekend of information and exercises that challenge them to develop a thorough understanding of alcohol and other substances and the role it plays in their life.
The program consists of:
- * 6-hour weekend session
- * Understanding the alcohol and drugged driving laws
- * Medical & sedative effects of alcohol and drugs on the brain
- * The Disease Concept of Addiction
- * Risk factors & self-assessment
- * Prevention strategies for Alcohol and Drugged Drivers
- * Community Resources and treatment
A completion report is provided to the referring agent after the weekend session for clients not referred to Outpatient Treatment Sessions.
For some attendees, this means changing minor aspects of their behavior, for others, it may involve a commitment to a longer-term process of rehabilitation. The optional six follow-up sessions reinforce and support the application of behavioral changes planned for in the weekend session. Weekend Alcohol Insight & Substance Use Education weekend program is held once a month.